Tuesday



The earth braces itself for the feet
Of a lover of God about to 
Dance.
The sky becomes very timid
When a great saint starts waving his arms
In joy,
For the sky knows its prized fixtures,
The sun, moon and planets
Could all wind up
Rolling so wild on the floor!
...
The day candle (sun) has forgotten the hour;
The whole world has gone joyously mad.
- Hafiz

I'm avoiding school with pure determination right now. After writing the most intense paper of my life, I deserve some pause to breath! And what air today! My windows are frosted with condensation and teary pathways, giving me streaky sights to the heavy trees outside. I'm completely in love with everything sweatery and especially anything indian/aztec-y. If only this life of a poor student wasn't so textile deprived!
sound of my soul: here

No comments: