Wednesday


this time is
of barbed quiet wound tight across our shivering skin.
of senseless air
and meaning dies quietly, dressed to the nines and alone.
I shouldn't mourn past selves and smiles
but how can I not feel their betrayal to the past
with sadness, washed and folded, weeping in its bottom drawer.

The sound of my sinking exhausted world to be found here (be sure to listen to all three parts). I found this info on wiki particularly effecting: In interviews, Stevens has stated that, in 2009/10, he suffered from a mysterious debilitating virus infection that affected his nervous system. He experienced chronic pain, and was forced to stop working on music for several months. He said: "The Age of Adz, is, in some ways, a result of that process of working through health issues and getting much more in touch with my physical self. That's why I think the record's really obsessed with sensation and has a hysterical melodrama to it."
The fall is painfully beautiful outside today. The colors are so vivid, I feel like I'm in a fevered state of consciousness, perhaps not helped by listening to sufjan 24/7 on no sleep.

No comments: